[Linux-Xtensa] Re: [tensilicausers] Re: Linux porting onto theXtensa ISS platform.

linux-xtensa at linux-xtensa.org linux-xtensa at linux-xtensa.org
Mon Aug 18 09:16:25 PDT 2008

Hi Hao,

I apologize for not responding and giving a status on this.  The timing
happened in a busy time, with a few people away for various reasons
(vacation etc).  I'll be back in the office later this week.
Thanks for the detailed info in your web page, I think it will be
very helpful.  (I'll be able to look at the ELF file, but not simulate
it because I don't have your configuration / extensions.)

Thanks,
-Marc

Hao Shen wrote:
> Hi, Marc,
>
> Because the compiled image file is too big to be sent to maillist. I
> have created a webpage and put details about my making processor into
> that page. At the end, there is a "files" button. By clicking this
> button, you can access the image.elf, vmlinux and gdb log.
> The webpage address is
> http://easysoc.wikidot.com/linux-porting-on-xtensa-processors
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Best regards,
> Hao
>
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 9:13 PM,  <linux-xtensa at linux-xtensa.org> wrote:
> > Hi Hao,
> >
> > Hao Shen wrote:
> >> Hi, Marc,
> >>
> >> I would like to provide you more information and I'm really appreciate
> >> your help.
> >>
> >> My environment is Xtensa configuration overlay of RB-2008.3 release. I
> >> use LX2.1 core with XEA2: Full MMU with TLBs support.
> >>
> >> For building process, I follow the Buildroot_Build_Instructions.
> >>
> >> After cross compilation, I got two tool chains which are "xtensa_<my
> >> configure name>-linux-" and "xtensa_<my configure
> >> name>-linux-uclibc-". I think both glibc and uclibc can well support
> >> the kernel compilation, is it true?
> >
> > The two toolchains are synonyms, they are both uClibc.
> > (The kernel could indeed be built with a glibc toolchain but that's
> > not supported just now.  buildroot isn't designed/setup to build glibc.)
> >
> >> For the kernel, I use the snapshot of linux-xtensa-20080711.tar.gz ---
> >> Latest Version.
> >
> > Good.
> >
> >> For running, I use Image.elf as Buildroot_Build_Instructions. But
> >> during the xt-gdb, I can not even reach the _ResetVector and reset
> >> function. At the end of kernel compilation, I got following warnings:
> >
> > I think the warnings are normal (they ought to be fixed but I haven't
> > ever seen them be a sign of any problems, certainly not that early).
> > Perhaps a full log of your xt-gdb session, or a copy of your Image.elf,
> > may be more helpful.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Marc
> >

> >> WARNING: vmlinux.o(.text+0x3a98): Section mismatch: reference to
> >> .init.text:__alloc_bootmem (between '__invalidate_dcache_all' and
> >> '__simc')
> >> WARNING: vmlinux.o(.text+0x24): Section mismatch: reference to
> >> .init.text:init_arch before '_startup' (at offset -0x804f77d4084aa80)
> >> WARNING: vmlinux.o(.text+0x28): Section mismatch: reference to
> >> .init.text:start_kernel before '_startup' (at offset
> >> -0x804f77d4084aa80)
> >> WARNING: vmlinux.o(.taglist+0x4): Section mismatch: reference to
> >> .init.text:set_reset_devices (between '__tagtable_parse_tag_cmdline'
> >> and '__tagtable_parse_tag_initrd')
> >> WARNING: vmlinux.o(.taglist+0xc): Section mismatch: reference to
> >> .init.text:set_reset_devices (between '__tagtable_parse_tag_initrd'
> >> and '__tagtable_parse_tag_mem')
> [...]
    Please do not reply to this message via email. More information here:
    http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/messages/messages-23.html

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: