[Linux-Xtensa] Re: [tensilicausers] Re: Linux porting ontotheXtensa ISS platform.

linux-xtensa at linux-xtensa.org linux-xtensa at linux-xtensa.org
Thu Aug 21 12:44:09 PDT 2008

Hi Hao,

Just had a quick look.  Your configuration's reset vector is 0xFE000000
but your ELF executable puts the start address and _ResetVector handler
at 0xFE000020.  So of course nothing works because there is no code at
the real reset vector.  Perhaps you built the kernel with an incorrect
core variant?  Please note that instructions for building the kernel for
ISS are incomplete, they're just a variation on the more complete steps
indicated for building the kernel for the XTAV60 board.  Please follow
the steps for the board except where the steps for ISS show anything
different.  In particular, you need to install the overlay, to configure
the kernel to use the correct processor variant, etc.

http://wiki.linux-xtensa.org/index.php/Buildroot_Build_Instructions

Thanks,
-Marc