[Linux-Xtensa] SMP kernel with Xtensa ISS.

linux-xtensa at linux-xtensa.org linux-xtensa at linux-xtensa.org
Thu Apr 2 10:12:53 PDT 2009

Hao Shen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have found much Linux SMP kernel porting discussion in this mailing
> list. I would like to know is there anyone who uses the Xtensa ISS and
> XTSC environment for the Linux SMP kernel?
>
> More directly, I have met a problem how to make the data cache
> coherent with the SMP architecture by using XTSC environment?

The SMP hardware support, while well tested here at Tensilica, is not
part of the RB release; nor is the corresponding XTSC and XTMP support.
If you want early access, I suggest you contact Tensilica sales/support.

I don't know what's possible with existing RB, given, for example,
the processor needs a snoop interface (not in currently released RB).

-Marc