[Linux-Xtensa] Re: [patch 09/12] xtensa: allow platform and variant to initialize own irq chips

Daniel Glöckner dg at emlix.com
Thu Apr 23 10:46:34 PDT 2009

On 04/23/2009 07:20 PM, Chris Zankel wrote:
>> Another possibility would be to select VARIANT_IRQ_SWITCH (or a
>> dedicated new
>> Kconfig option) in all SoCs that need additional IRQs.
>
> Wasn't the original code before your patch just doing that?

Yes, but I wanted to decouple variant IRQs from the functionality provided
by CONFIG_VARIANT_IRQ_SWITCH.

How about a new config option CONFIG_VARIANT_IRQS and inclusion of
variant/irq.h depending on any of them?

  Daniel

--
Dipl.-Math. Daniel Glöckner, emlix GmbH, http://www.emlix.com
Fon +49 551 30664-0, Fax -11, Bahnhofsallee 1b, 37081 Göttingen, Germany

emlix - your embedded linux partner