[Linux-Xtensa] Creating ramdisk xtensa-linux

Nimrod Zibil nimrodz at ezchip.com
Sun Jul 11 08:40:07 PDT 2010

Hello:

My name is Nimrod and I am trying to define an additional ram disk on my linux-xtensa system.
I want to declare a file system on one of the /dev/ramX files.
I couldn't find the "mke2fs" command in xtensa-linux we use (Linux 2.6.24.4.)
Also in the buildroot-menuconfig no option was found.
Is it supported?

Is there another command for declaring the ramdisk?

If command doesn't exist is there another way for creating the ram disk during Kernel/buildroot build?

Best Regards,
Nimrod Z.