[Linux-Xtensa] Re: Audio Driver - applied your git patch, I'm looking into buildingyourconfig on an LX200...

Marc Gauthier marc at tensilica.com
Fri Sep 17 10:31:29 PDT 2010

linux-xtensa-bounces at linux-xtensa.org wrote:
> Marc was wondering about were we stand with the current
> code with the kernel setting CPENABLE on the first usage
> and it being associate with the task. If you access the

I'm not wondering, IMO the current code's broken  ;-)

Having the kernel access an I/O port should not imply the
user task can do so as well.  Even more true of interrupt
handlers, which have no relation to the currently running
task.

-Marc

PS.  I/O ports and SMP is a whole other topic.  I/O port
X on processor A is a different port than X on processor B;
they may or may not be connected symmetrically, depending
on system design.  There may or may not be such a thing
as migration, depending on the I/O port.  So, don't worry
about SMP + I/O ports, best to see how actual usage drives it.