[Linux-Xtensa] Linux on ML605 with 570T

Piet Delaney piet.delaney at gmail.com
Wed May 16 00:19:04 PDT 2012

On 05/15/2012 10:38 PM, Vadim Malenboim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to boot Linux on ML605 using your instruction from
> http://wiki.linux-xtensa.org/index.php/Buildroot_Build_Instructions#Download_buildroot_and_the_Linux_kernel
>
> I'm trying to adapt the original instructions to the CPU I'm using 570
> and the BOARD ML605.
>
> I had trouble to build the buildroot until I removed the gdb build.
I'm making a patch for that right now to allow it to be built on Ubuntu
10.04.

> Now for the linux there is no defconfig for ML605 so I though to start
> from common_defconfig but it didn't succeed .
>
> /lindev/xtensa-linux/linux/arch/xtensa/kernel/entry.S: Assembler messages:
> /lindev/xtensa-linux/linux/arch/xtensa/kernel/entry.S:1963: Warning:
> value 0xffffffff30000000 truncated to 0x30000000
>   CC      arch/xtensa/kernel/irq.o
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:26268: Warning: too many arguments
> {standard input}:26268: Error: syntax error
> {standard input}:26657: Warning: too many arguments
> {standard input}:26657: Error: syntax error
> make[2]: *** [arch/xtensa/kernel/irq.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [arch/xtensa/kernel] Error 2
> make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
It would be easier for me if you could put the complete environment onto
a branch
so I could replicate it. Alternatively you could attach the irq.s file
so we can see whats going
on around lines 26268... 26657.

I assume this is a generic Diamond 570 without a MMU. We haven't worked
with the MMU-less configuration very much. If you could add a MMU it would
make is similar to other variants that are working fine.

-piet