[Linux-Xtensa] Re: Latest status of linux xtensa port

Max Filippov jcmvbkbc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 15:06:21 PDT 2013

Hi

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 11:40 PM, Mahavir Prasad <er.mahavir at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe you have been working to migrate the xtensa linux port to the
> mainline kernel.
>
> Could you please answer following queries?
> 1. What is the targeted kernel version?

No exact version, I use 2.6.29-smp as a reference and the latest linux
release as a target.

> 2. What is the state of the migration?
>     - What part of migration has been done?
>     - What all open points are remaining?

Rough plan and status are there:
http://wiki.osll.spb.ru/doku.php/etc:users:jcmvbkbc:linux-xtensa

> 3. Where is the git repository of the migration?
> http://git.linux-xtensa.org/cgi-bin/git.cgi doesn't show any repository for
> migration.

My repository is there: https://github.com/jcmvbkbc/linux-xtensa
patches go up to Chris: https://github.com/czankel/xtensa-linux
for_next goes to linux-next, tagged versions go to Linus.

> 4. I am not able to find the status in
> http://wiki.linux-xtensa.org/index.php/Main_Page. Are you maintaining some
> list of the "Todo" before the migration can be marked as complete?
> 5. Are you planning to look into u-Boot migration also?

I don't do anything with it, only minor local tweaks; maybe Chris does?

--
Thanks.
-- Max