[Linux-Xtensa] Re: Latest status of linux xtensa port

Chris Zankel chris at zankel.net
Sun Mar 24 13:53:19 PDT 2013

Hi Mahavir,

I'm working with Max and others to bring all the patches for bug fixes,
features, and generic Xtensa support of the Kernel, toolchain, and other
various software libraries and tool up-to-date and get everything
integrated in the respective mainline repositories, and make sure they
are stable.
http://wiki.linux-xtensa.org/index.php/Software_Running_on_Xtensa should
provide some information about the current status.

Max has been mostly focused on the kernel so far, while I have been
working on toolchain and various other libraries and software. Regarding
your Q5 about u-boot, it's definitely on the list but I can't promise
any date yet.

There's not really a good time plan, as a lot depends on the release
cycles of the respective projects, and there are a lot of
interdependencies.

Are you looking for any specific feature?

Thanks,
-Chris