[Linux-Xtensa] xtensa build failures in -next due to DMA API changes

Max Filippov jcmvbkbc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 07:53:25 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 01:21:40PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>> I also see
>>
>> arch/xtensa/include/asm/dma-mapping.h:#include <asm-generic/dma-mapping-common.h>
>>
>> It looks like there is a conflict with "xtensa: reimplement DMA API using common
>> helpers" by Max Filippov, which added the include. This patch is in -next.
>
> Oh.  That one clashes badly with my whole series, basically each
> of my patches will need the same work done for the other architectures
> applied to xtensa as well.
>
> In terms of effort it might be a better idea to rebase the patch from
> Max on top of the series, as it will become a lot simpler that way.

Looks like I just need to remove now redundant function definitions from
xtensa/include/asm/dma-mapping.h. A patch that removes these
functions is attached, but I'm not sure where it should go. To the Andrew's
tree? Or should the xtensa tree merge Christoph's series and apply it on
top?

--
Thanks.
-- Max